Wednesday 3 January 2018

Hello 2018//2017 Reflection




Hey everyone, first of all HAPPY NEW YEAR!! 2018, a fresh, clean slate - let's see what you have in store! Secondly, I want to apologise (again) for not being active since November time. I've honestly just not had alot of inspiration for any posts and i've been crazy busy at work, but works starting to quieten down now which means hopefully, i'll have more time to post! Thirdly, I want to give you a little insight to what this post will be about. As you can probably tell from the title, this post will be in 2 parts - reflecting on my personal 2017 & looking ahead into 2018 and what I want to achieve/do this year. Hope you enjoy!!

So 2017..it was definitely a year of both ups and downs for me. It was the year I took myself to the doctors and for the first time in 6 years, spoke to someone about my mental health where I was diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety. That was probably the biggest low for me if i'm honest, I found it extremely difficult to take that diagnosis and face it and it had taken alot of courage and support for me to even get to that point. But in a way, I feel as though I can take it as a slight high as it's a bit of a weight off my shoulders to actually have that diagnosis as its allowed me to learn of ways I can help myself, I just have to decide if and when to seek out the help there is.
Another big low point for me was my Grandad's health deteriorating. He has Parkinson's which there is no cure for and he did get worse during 2017. My family definitely do mean alot to me and it's heartbreaking to see someome you care about unwell and knowing there isn't really much you can do to help. But he's still with us and is stil going on as best as he can so there is a positive to this story too.
There were definitely alot more low points throughout the year also but I won't go on about those forever so here's a couple of high points.
I think one of my favourite parts of 2017 was my holiday in September. We went to Club Mac in Alcudia, Majorca, which is where we have been many times but it just gets better every year and I personally can't get enough of it and I can't wait to get back there again at some point. I could so easily go on about this place as it's just in a beautiful location and it's such a great place for a family or friends holiday. They have so much to do on site and there's plenty of shops, restaurants and bars nearby - not to mention the beautiful beach which is only about 15 minutes walking distance from the hotel. It is all inclusive so you have everything you need there already but it is also sometimes nice to get out and see the local area - all depends on the person really I guess!
I also got to see a few theatre shows last year, possibly not quite as many as i'd have liked but I got to see a couple that i'd not seen before which was so exciting and I can't wait for some more theatre trips this year!
Another highlight will always be memories made with friends - both old and new. I think it's so important to value your friends and make time for them when you can and make memories while you're young! Here's to more in 2018. One of my favourite memories has definitely got to be finding out one of my best friends is pregnant. She's due to give birth to a baby girl in April and i'm super excited!
My final highlight is going to be the Collabro tour at the end of the year. Most people who know me know i'm a huge fan of those boys and their tour did not disappoint. Absolutely amazing! If you want to read more about them/their tour, I did a post about their show at the London Palladium in November which i'll link you to here also! http://xolittlefallofrain.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/an-evening-with-collabro-london.html?m=1
I'm sure there's so much more I could say for 2017 but I want to move on to 2018 instead.

So 2018....lets see what you're going to have in store! It's only 10 days in and I haven't had the best start to a New Year but onwards and upwards.
This year there's a few things i'd like to work toward and hopefully achieve before the year is out. 
I'd like to be able to get my mental health under control a bit more, especially my anxiety as this tends to take over for all sorts of things/reasons but mainly in social situations or new environments where I don't feel comfortable. I'm hoping I can try and get a little better this year, I know I won't fully conquer it by the end of the year but it is something to work toward.
I'd also like to achieve more work wise, whether that's in my current job or in something else who knows yet, just have to wait and see what the year brings I guess!
I'd  also like to continue making as many memories as I can, by myself, with friends, family ...any way really! I'm planning on taking lots of pictures throughout the year so I can capture and document my memories and be able to look back on them and hopefully smile at them! I already have a few things planned so I can't wait to make the memories with different people.
2018 is also a year I want to travel more, I know this may sound typical or cliché, but I do really want to finally take that step and start to see some new places. This is also partly to do with making my anxiety that little bit better and stepping out of my comfort zone. I do have a few places in mind but i'll keep those to myself for now and blog about them at the time providing all goes well!
As a whole, i'm hoping to make 2018 a good year for me and i'm excited and nervous to see what will come from the year and to look back at this post at the end of the year and see if i've managed to achieve any of this and possobly anything else I may achieve! Let me know how your 2017 was and what you hope will come of 2018!

I'll be back very soon with another post and I hope you enjoyed reading this one!
                                                       Love Beki x 



No comments:

Post a Comment