Wednesday 3 January 2018

A Day in London...


Hey again everyone, welcome back to another brand new post and it's close to the previous one - starting as I hope to continue throughout the year! So, in today's post, i'm going to be talking a little bit about my day in London with my friend Fleur recently - hope you enjoy!

Last Thursday (4th January) I went into London to spend the afternoon with my friend Fleur - a chance for us to have a catchup and my first outing of 2018. We didn't get up to too much but sometimes, that's the best kind of day. 
Once we met we headed to Planet Hollywood for a lovely lunch - okay I had a burger and chips so not exactly the healthiest of meals but it was damn tasty! After lunch finished we headed to Covent Garden for a bit to have a wander and it still looked super pretty and christmassy - i'm that person who definitely wishes it was acceptable to have christmas decorations up all year round as I just love them so much. I love exploring Covent Garden and especially the high end makeup shops they have. I decided to treat myself for a change and finally brought a Charlotte Tilbury lipstick in the shade 'Pillow Talk'. This is such a nice colour, it's a nudey type shade so it can be worn as an every day go-to lipstick and it goes on so nicely and just feels and looks so nice on. I love it and will definitely be purchasing another Charlotte Tilbury lipstick - if anyone has any suggestions on which shade to consider please let me know!

We also went to the cinema to see The Greatest Showman and my god what an INCREDIBLE film that is! It's a movie musical and every single song is wonderful and super catchy - i'd highly recommend downloading the soundtrack so you can enjoy it too! The Greatest Showman follows the life and story of P.T Barnum and the first ever circus. The film features the likes of Hugh Jackman, Zac Efron, Michelle Williams, Zendaya and so many others. I mean, any film with Hugh Jackman is obviously going to be amazing - he's by far one of the most talented actors around and he does not disappoint in this film. His acting, singing and dancing all absolutely wonderful and he's just phenomenal. Its also SO good to see Zac Efron doing a musical again. Another who doesn't disappoint and his talents just shine through (and obviously he's pretty easy on the eye also which always helps). Michelle Williams is fabulous, this is the first i've heard of her but I absolutely loved her, and Zendaya is also hugely talented and it's so nice to see her in a big movie and she absolutely shines.
I also HAVE to talk about Keala Seattle. WHAT. A. VOICE!!! I'll admit i've not heard of her before this movie but she's absolutely incredible. I'm in complete awe of her voice, especially during the song 'This is Me' - if there's one song on the soundtrack everyone needs to listen to, it has to be that one. It's an incredibly powerful and inspiring song and to me, it has that message to try and teach people to be proud of who you are. The lyrics speak for themselves in the chorus saying "when the sharpest words wanna cut me down, gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out, I am brave, I am bruised, I am who i'm meant to be, this is me". I feel those words are saying to not listen to the bad things people have to say, even when you've been hurt by people's words in the past, rise above it and show everyone who you are and be proud of it. I know thats so much easier said than done as i'm one for shutting myself down constantly but this song is definitely already inspiring me. My favourite song and one of my favourite scenes from the film is 'Re-write The Stars' - this is a duet between Zac and Zendaya and it portrays two star-crossed lovers who long to be together but are kept apart by the colour of their skin, the song and the scene where they sing it is just so beautiful and as I say, onr of my favourite parts. Another favourite part is toward the end when Hugh (PT Barnum) and Zac (Philip Carlyle) rebuild the circus and perform "The Greatest Show" - this song is incredible and so full of life, any time I listen to it I just want to get up and sing and dance.
All in all this film is phenomenal and i'd highly recommend everyone go and see it if you have a chance!

So there's a little round up of what we got up to and if you'd like to read/follow Fleur's blog, i'll link it for you here! http://fleurdanielle.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed! Have you been to see The Greatest Showman or listened to the soundtrack? Or seen any other films at the cinema recently? Let me know your thoughts, i'd love to hear from you!

I'll be back again very soon with another post,
                                                          Love Beki x

No comments:

Post a Comment